Name: Melissa Crow
Date registered: November 30, 2010
Melissa Crow is the Director of the Legal Action Center. Ms. Crow served as the Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy, and previously as a Senior Policy Advisor, in the Office of Immigration and Border Security at the Department of Homeland Security. Prior to joining DHS, she was a partner with Brown, Goldstein & Levy in Baltimore, Maryland, where she developed a thriving immigration practice and undertook litigation to protect immigrants' rights in the workplace. As the past co-chair of the Worksite Enforcement Committee of the local AILA chapter, she played a critical role in responding to immigration raids in Maryland under the Bush Administration. Before entering private practice, Melissa served as Counsel to Senator Edward M. Kennedy during the 2007 debates on the U.S. Senate's comprehensive immigration reform bill. She also spent a year as the Gulf Coast Policy Attorney at the National Immigration Law Center. She has taught in the Safe Harbor Clinic at Brooklyn Law School and the International Human Rights Clinic at Washington College of Law.
- Groups File Legal Claims Against Border Patrol In Abuse Cases — March 13, 2013
- Federal Judges Remind Government to Consider Prosecutorial Discretion — December 19, 2012
- Border Patrol Agents Abusing Role as Interpreters — May 1, 2012
- Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor, Your Huddled Masses…But Don’t Let Them Work? — September 21, 2011
- Obama Administration Seeks Balance Between Labor and Immigration Law Enforcement — May 19, 2011